Mount Vesuvius is a famous volcano of all times.
Mount Vesuvius has always been a major attraction for geologists and historians. In this blog, we have collected 10 interesting facts about Mount Vesuvius.
1. Mount Vesuvius is located in the west of Italy near the coastal area.
2. Mount Vesuvius is one of the active volcanoes in Europe.
3. Its eruption happened over 200 times.
4. It has not erupted since March 1944.
5. Some of its eruptions were devastating. Its eruption played havoc in nearby cities Herculaneum and Pompeii in A.D. 79.
6. The height and its width changes after its eruption.
7. Mount Vesuvius is shaped out after breaking down of Mount Somma.
8. The region has two peaks Mount Vesuvius and Mount Somma.
9. The territory has been proclaimed as a national park on June 5, 1995, since then it has been a tourist attraction point.
10. Tourists are not permitted inside 200 meters of the summit point.
The Apex Academy Preschool, North Richland Hills, Texas