Neil Armstrong Facts For kids
Neil Armstrong was a renowned American space traveler and aeronautical specialist.
Neil Armstrong is the first one who reached on the surface of the moon. Other than this, he was an aircraft tester, a maritime pilot in the United States Navy, and a college educator.
Here you are going to get brief information about Neil Armstrong:
1. He was born in the year 1930. Every year on 5th August he used to celebrate his birthday.
2. Ohio State of the USA is the place where he had spent his childhood.
3. While growing up he began to take interest in the astronomy. He was inquisitive about the stars and moon.
4. Neil Armstrong did his schooling from Blume High School. He completed his graduation in aerospace engineering from Purdue University. He held his master's degree from the University of Southern California in aeronautical engineering.
5. July 20th, 1969, is a historic day. The day is remembered and always be remembered for Neil Armstrong's greatest achievement of walking on the surface of the moon.
6. Neil Armstrong joined the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in 1962. After working for almost 9 years he left NASA in the year 1971.
7. He had been begged so many awards and accolades. In 1969 he got the most prestigious Presidential Medal of Freedom award from the US government.
8. Neil Armstrong married twice. He got separated from his first wife Janet Shearon after 38 years of togetherness. On June 12, 1994, he married Carol Held Knight.
9. Eric Armstrong and Mark Armstrong are two sons of Neil Armstrong.
10. He lived a long life. At the age of 82, he was facing some serious health problems just after his bypass surgery. On August 25, 2012, the great astronaut passed away.
The Apex Academy Daycare at North Richland Hills, Texas