10 Desert Facts For Kids
1. Deserts are the driest places on the Earth.
2. Deserts cover more than 25% of the earth's land.
3. A very few species of plants and animals are found in deserts.
4. Water is scarcely found in deserts. The dry spell of rainfall happens in such places.
5. The days in the deserts can be burning hot. On the contrary the night can be freezing cold.
6. There can be three types of deserts. Hot deserts, cold deserts, and coastal deserts.
7. Deserts can be covered by sand, rocks, or ice.
8. The largest hot, sandy and dry desert in the world is the Sahara Desert in Northern Africa.
9. Camel is called the "Ship of Desert" because it is the mean of transportation in dry sandy deserts. Camels can survive without water for a week.
10. In hot deserts, plants can store water in their stems. Desert trees' roots can grow up to 30 feet to discover water.
The Apex Academy Preschool, North Richland Hills, Texas