Florida Facts For Kids
1. Florida is a state located in the southeast region of the United States of America.
2. Tallahassee is the capital of Florida. It became the state capital in 1824.
3. Nick Names Of Florida
a) The Sunshine State
b) The Gulf State
c) The Alligator State
d) The Flower state
e) The Peninsula State
f) The Orange State
4. Florida is a famous tourist destination. There are so many places for kids such as Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, Naval Aviation Museum, Clearwater Beach, Kennedy Space Center, and many more.
5. Florida is 3rd most populated state and 22nd largest state of the United State of America.
6. Florida is almost surrounded by water. Therefore, it is often called the Peninsula State.
7. Florida’s wildlife includes black bears, panthers, alligators, crocodiles, and snakes.
8. Florida is the place where more than 300 different trees species are found.
9. Sugarcane, fishes, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries and phosphate are the chief natural resources found in Florida.
10. Florida is known for its orange trees. Therefore, Florida is also known as The Orange State of The United State. The state supplies 40% of the world’s orange juice.
The Apex Academy Preschool North Richland Hills